1. About Us
Company name: Professional Beauty Systems Limited
Address: 30 Fountain Crescent, Inchinnan Business Park, Renfrew, UK, PA4 9RE
Telephone: +44 (0)141 812 5000
Company number: SC 080712 (Scotland)
VAT number: 895 3816 72
We are the data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU 2016/679) and related data protection legislation.
2. Personal Data Definition
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 as ‘any information relating to an identifiable personal who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
In simpler terms, personal data is any information about you that enables you to be identified as an individual.
A Cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be stored on your web browser or hard drive. Cookies are used by most major websites to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
We use traffic log Cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to enhance your experience. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline Cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For more information about Cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
4. Personal Data We Collect
- Identity data which includes first name and last name.
- Contact data which includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Professional data which includes business name, business address, email address, website and/or social media details and any other optional information you choose to give us.
- Technical data which includes internet protocol (IP address), your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in versions, operating system and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage data which includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications data which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Social Media which includes information about your engagement with us across our public social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tik Tok, Vimeo and Pinterest.
Please be aware, any information, communications or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done so at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. Any information you include in a comment or post on a website or a social media platform may be read, collected and used by anyone. We cannot control the actions of others on these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves.
5. How Your Personal Data is Collected
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Request or subscribe to our marketing communications.
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey.
- Contact us directly such as completing our online form, emailing, writing to or calling us.
- Give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. When you use our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this by using Cookies and other similar technologies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from third parties and public sources such as:
- Identity and Contact data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
6. How Your Personal Data is Used
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to under GDPR and Data Protection Act. This may be because it is necessary to perform a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, it is in our legitimate business interests to use it and/or we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you about our products, services and other relevant news and information. This may include responding to emails, online enquiry forms, calls from you or via post (legitimate interest).
- Providing our products and services to you and performing our obligations under our contract with you. Your personal details may be required in order for us to enter into and fulfil a contract with you (contractual, legal obligations and legitimate interest).
- Marketing purposes about our company, products and services which may include using publicly available comments, statements or testimonials you have made to us or online e.g. via websites or social media to publicly promote our business, products or services, contacting you by e-newsletter, email, telephone, post and/or social media (consent and legitimate interest).
- Providing you with news and updates including e-newsletters, articles, blogs and emails (legitimate interest).
- Providing you with information regarding our products, services, events and offers, or other information which we think is compatible with your interests via e-newsletter, email, telephone, post and/or social media (consent and legitimate interest).
- Tracking online engagement, improve users’ online experience and communications, monitor usage and identify leads via Google Analytics, Mailchimp and social media platforms (legitimate interest).
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you and your interests (legitimate interest).
- Research purposes regarding projects, services, business contacts, improving online experiences and communications which may include contacting you by email, telephone, post, social media or opt-in surveys (legitimate interest).
- To meet legal requirements (legal obligations).
- Other purposes to carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required to do so by law.
7. How Your Personal Data is Stored
We will store your personal data for no longer than necessary for the purposes in which it is being processed.
Data collected through our website or social media: If you subscribe to our mailing list via our website, the information is collated using a third party service, Rocket Science Group LLC (trading as Mailchimp). Mailchimp will have access to and will store and process your name and email, but will only do so on our instructions. Mailchimp helps us to track the reception of our marketing emails and e-newsletters. If you have not signed up to our mailing list, we will not disclose your personal information to Mailchimp. You may opt-out at any time by clicking unsubscribe in the email footer.
If you contact us through the enquiry form on our website, the information will be collated and stored on our website and computers.
If you contact us through our social media channels, the information will be stored on the social media platform. Please be aware, any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. Any information you include in a comment or post on a website or social media platforms may be read, collected and used by anyone. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them
By submitting your information to us, you agree that it may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, wherever practicable we will take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
We also reserve the right to disclose any of the information you provide to us where required to do so by law, or to comply with a regulatory obligation, or to assist in any investigation into alleged illegal or criminal conduct.
8. How and When Your Personal Data is Shared
We do not disclose any data to third parties, other than the following circumstances:
We work with a number of trusted partners and third parties who support us to deliver our services and business functions, such as IT and website support. In some cases, these third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold. These will only hold the minimum amount of personal data needed in order to provide a service on our behalf.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely and in compliance with your rights, our obligations and the third party’s obligations under the law.
We will not used the data submitted via our mailing list for any other purpose and we will not pass on your contact details to any third party for the purpose of making any marketing communication to you.
In some rare circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which may include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings, complying with legal obligations or under the instructions of a government authority.
We have internal policies and industry controls on place to prevent data being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed and so it is not accessed expect by those in performance of their duties.
If personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take appropriate steps to ensure your personal data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK in compliance with GDPR.
When we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, we do so on the basis of written instructions and under a duty of confidentiality to ensure they are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
Please be aware, it is technically impossible to provide a totally secure system and you are also responsible for ensuring your own systems are adequately protected from access by unauthorised persons.
9. Personal Data Security
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect online.
10. Access, Update or Delete Your Personal Data
If you would like know what personal data we have about you or if you would like to delete or update the personal data we hold about you to ensure it is accurate, you may ask us for a subject access request (SAR).
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal address listed below. We aim to respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. If your request is particularly complex, more time may be required and we will keep you fully informed of our progress.
11. How to Contact Us
Address: Professional Beauty Systems, 30 Fountain Crescent, Inchinnan Business Park, Renfrew, UK, PA4 9RE
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us or how we handle your personal information, then you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk